This privacy notice sets out how Chilfen Joinery Ltd and/or Chilfen Contracting Ltd use and protect any information that you give us.
Chilfen Joinery Ltd and Chilfen Contracting Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or other means, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Chilfen Joinery Ltd and/or Chilfen Contracting Ltd may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including telephone and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer enquiry, survey and/or offer
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide goods and services to you or your organisation.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system or stored securely.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service called Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We sometimes use a third-party provider, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click / not click to indicate that you do / do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in the email or by emailing us at email@example.com
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. This will be provided to you, usually free of charge, via email. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Chilfen Group, 1 Flint Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1HJ.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Working at Chilfen Group; when you apply for a position with us, we will safeguard your data. If successful in your appointment, you will be provided with the data protection policy and employee handbook which will outline how your data is processed. If you are unsuccessful in your application, we will delete your application after 6 months, however, if you wish your details to be kept on file, email firstname.lastname@example.org